Torquay – Quaint and Interesting
Agatha Christie, world-renowned writer of thriller novels, Lily Cole, famous model, comedienne Miranda Hart, Roger Deakins, cinematographer for some of the best Hollywood award winners such as Fargo, The Shawshank Redemption, A Beautiful Mind, How to Train your Dragon, True Grit, and many other – what do these luminaries have in common?
They all hail from one of the most popular resort destinations in the English Riviera – Torquay. The town's quaint charisma, its mild climate, breathtaking views, and playful gardens and parks make it one of the most relaxing and at the same time entertaining tourist spots in Devon England.
To see more information on travel in general, check out these guides.
- executive suite : Have an executive suite without the high overhead costs by consulting with the specialists at Regus.
- serviced offices sydney : Have you been searching for serviced offices Sydney? Get in touch with Gordon Executive Centre at once!
- autovermietung australien : People who are searching for autovermietung Australien services can contact Travel Car Centre right away!
- Serviced offices Covent Garden : If you require help in finding serviced offices Covent Garden, work with FlexiOffices.
- holiday velvet : Acquire the help of the travel experts at Holiday Velvet in searching for the ideal accommodation for your holiday.
- property investment company london : Find out how you can acquire the services provided by a property investment company London.
- lanzarote villas to rent : Take a look at your options on Lanzarote villas to rent for your holiday.
- sofa : If you need a new sofa for your home, order at this Web-based store.
- african safari tours : Let the specialists on African safari tours help you create the itinerary that best suit your interests!
- new apartments for sale Truro : Get to know the new apartments for sale Truro from Linden Homes.
Towards the middle of the 19th century, Torquay was fast becoming a resort for the socially elite and beaches were separated by gender. Before the century ended, mixed bathing was allowed. Since then, different hotels and accommodations have sprouted including bed and breakfast inns. This type of establishment is cosier and closer to being at home compared to other overnight establishments.
Most bed and breakfast facilities within the Torquay area are conveniently located near a huge number of attractions and amenities like the English Riviera Conference Centre, an amazing indoor beach complete with a wave machine, a flume ride, a full gym, bars, and a sauna.
And because Torquay is all about peace and serenity, one could never find a more fitting accommodation than a bed and breakfast inn. Many are situated near the waterfront where most of the town's attractions and activities are concentrated. After a deep slumber in your lodging choice, you can take a walk on Torquay's famous promenade lined with palms and the lively harbour with all kinds of cafés and dining establishments. Along the English Riviera are 19 wonderful beaches offering a wide variety of water sports and other forms of recreation. Many of these resorts have won awards on cleanliness and innate water quality.
If you happen to arrive after a storm, the Torquay waterfront provides one of the best destinations for beachcombers.